The Homeless Network of Yakima County is working to reduce homelessness in Yakima County.
The 10-Year Plan
The 10-Year Plan to End Homelessness in Yakima County articulates local needs, activities, and resources related to homelessness. The 10-Year Plan is reviewed and updated annually during the Network's retreat. The goal of the 10-Year Plan is to reduce homelessness by 50-percent by 2014.
To view the most recent update to the 10-Year Plan click here.
- Reduce the number of homeless families
- Reduce the number of non-chronically homeless individuals
- Reduce the number of chronically homeless individuals
- Reduce the number of homeless youth
- Conduct adequate data collection and planning to efficiently manage limited resources for homelessness
- Develop, enhance, and expand affordable housing stock
- Prevent homelessness from occurring
- Increase household income
- Improve access to health services